I told my Alexa to merge develop to main
Are you lazy like me? If you love automation, read on.
How I came up with the idea
Like any good student, I am preparing for my certifications and hence looking around for potential opportunities to learn more ways of automating infra workflow. This is when I stumbled on this blog
and I had my Bodhi Tree moment.
Deployment cycle - the usual
In a usual deployment cycle, a devops engineer might cover the following:
- Creation of a release branch
- Developers merge feature branches to this branch
- Release branch with features, is sent for review
- Once approved, feature gets merged into production branch
- Deployment pipelines triggered
- No errors? Voila, deployment is live!
Alexa! Deploy my code: where?
Now for alexa to participate in this workflow, the following is the mind map I have taken:
- Get any Conversational User Interface Design Platform
- Need an Invocation Name
- Use Intents
- Have an Endpoint Action
- Host It!